The International Energy Poverty Action Week (IEPAW) returns in February 2023 for its second edition to highlight solutions and actions to combat energy poverty worldwide. IEPAW will be held online from 20 to 24 February 2023 with the aim to bring together policymakers, practitioners and experts from around the world for a series of discussions, workshops and actions to highlight the urgent need to find solutions to energy poverty amid the global climate crisis.
Why is it more critical than ever to be able to afford clean, sustainable and renewable energy? Does fuel poverty cause higher death rates? What can we do together to ensure that renewable energy is available to all without high costs? These are only some of the questions to be highlighted on the road to access to affordable, sustainable and clean energy on every continent. We must come together to reduce CO2 emissions and combat poverty!
Five Days, Four Continents, One Goal: Access to Healthy and Renewable Energy for all
Each day of the week will be dedicated to an aspect of eradicating energy poverty by having access to affordable, sustainable and clean energy with debates, speakers explaining local actions, discussions including speakers from all four continents:
- Monday, 20 February - Health | Energy poverty and health: How are they related?
- Tuesday, 21 February - Social | Identity and energy poverty. The different faces of vulnerability
- Wednesday, 22 February - Economy | What does investing in energy poverty action mean?
- Thursday, 23 February - Policy | The global energy crisis: From short-term reactions to structural changes
- Friday, 24 February - Future | Addressing energy poverty in the context of climate change - youth ambitions
IEPAW is a grassroots event that brings together academics, policymakers, practitioners and other stakeholders in the field of energy poverty, access and justice across the world. The event is organised by a group of experts coming from a variety of civil society organisations, universities and NGOs and is open to everyone interested in taking action against energy poverty. All stakeholders are invited to join this independent initiative and help raise awareness about energy poverty around the globe.
Visit the website for the programme and the registration link.
- energy research | energy cooperation | energy efficiency
- Online only
- Online only
- IEPAW website