What is energy poverty? What are the causes and who is mostly affected? How is it approached at European, national and local level? Are there projects and measures in place in my municipality? Where can I find examples of how stakeholders take action to tackle the phenomenon? What tools are in place that can help me get started?
The online course “Energy poverty in Europe: From policy framework to integration in local action plans” aims to assist participants to find answers to the above questions and exchange with each other about their local experience. The course is divided in four modules during which participants are introduced to the Energy Poverty Advisory Hub tools, the European policy framework of energy poverty, the social need and benefits of addressing it and finally the Energy Poverty Circular Model for designing and implementing local actions to tackle the phenomenon.
Each module includes presentations from experts, interviews with local practitioners highlighting local projects and actions, interactive hands on activities that help evaluate your knowledge and share your thoughts at the end of each lesson. Through the course you can connect directly with the EPAH expert team once per month during the “office hour” and ask directly your questions during the online meeting about energy poverty.
The course takes about 8 to 10 hours of commitment but you can take the course at your own pace. You can always save your progress and come back to continue later. It is currently running and the modules are released progressively until the end of May. Below, the calendar of release dates:
- Energy Poverty Advisory Hub Tools – Release date: 28 February 2023
- Energy Poverty from a Political Perspective (part 1) - Release date: 6 March 2023
- Energy Poverty from a Political Perspective (part 2) - Release date: 20 March 2023
- Energy Poverty from a Practical Perspective (part 1) - Release date: 3 April 2023
- Energy Poverty from a Practical Perspective (part 2) - Release date: 17 April 2023
- Energy Poverty Circular Model (part 1) - Release date: 1 May 2023
- Energy Poverty Circular Model (part 2) - Release date: 15 May 2023
- Datum objave
- 30 ožujak 2023
- Directorate-General for Energy