LIFE ReHABITA project aims to alleviate the energy poverty by fostering deep energy renovations of the energy inefficient homes of vulnerable families in the municipalities of Lorca (ES), Ploiești (RO), Plovdiv (BU), Saldus (LV) and Gospić (HR). Despite all the advantages that a deep renovation would have on the quality of life of a vulnerable family, citizens continue to perceive the need for renovation as a problem rather than an opportunity.
In order to overcome this barrier, the project will set up ReHABITA Offices (one-stop shops) to deliver an integrated home renovation services in some of the most deprived neighbourhoods in the participating municipalities.
In those offices, municipal technicians will guide citizens through the whole process until their homes are energy- refurbished. In relation to the general project indicators, the primary objective is to renovate 500 dwellings, providing benefits to 1,250 citizens through these renovation works. The project will facilitate an investment of over 6.5 million € to accomplish this goal.
The renovation activities are anticipated to have a significant positive impact on the quality of life for vulnerable citizens, resulting in a remarkable 37% reduction or 2,144 MWh/year in energy consumption per household. LIFE ReHABITA also includes accompanying actions that are essential to address the alleviation of energy poverty in an integral way.
In the spirit of the New European Bauhaus, the aim of LIFE ReHABITA is not only to act at the citizen and building level, but also on the environment of the buildings concerned. To this end, each municipality will implement climate change adaptation actions that will act as climate shelters for extreme weather events, following a process of co-creation with the citizens.
Some concrete key performance indicators include:
- Number of dwellings to be renovated within the project: 500
- Number of citizens benefitted by the renovation works: 1 250
- Number of adaptation measures implemented: 5
- Number of citizens protected from extreme weather events:5 000
- Investment triggered by the project: 6 530 000 €
- Number of local policies implemented to tackle energy poverty: 5
- Expected energy savings achieved by the project: 2 144 MWh/year
- Expected energy savings achieved by the project: 140 084 €
- Reduction of CO2 emissions: 379.9 TnCO2/year
This page was last updated on 30 October 2023. For the most updated information about the project, please visit the LIFE Public Database website and the website of the project.
- Project duration
- 1 Sep 2023 - 31 Aug 2027
- Project locations
- Lorca, SpainGospić, CroatiaPlovdiv, BulgariaSaldus, Latvia
- Overall budget
- €1 948 987
- EU contribution
- €1 851 53795% of the overall budget
[LEAD PARTNER] Municipality of Lorca
Municipality of Saldus
Energy Agency of Plovdiv
Municipality of Ploieşti
Municipality of Gospić
Society for Sustainable Development Design (DOOR)